Sunday, February 7, 2010

A corn-muffin alteraction

Wow it's been a rough couple of days! I guess I should start around Thursday. Pudge starting gagging so the mother instinct grabbed him and headed to the bathroom. I didn't make it. He spewed on the bedroom carpet and I'm still paying the price for exceeding my 10lb weight limit. Guess they give you that restriction for a good reason. My hot-spot of tenderness had just about resolved but I felt like I had set myself back days after carrying the Pudge just 4 feet.

Friday at work was ROUGH!! I hate P&T Fridays. I never really ate lunch while trying to get everything ready for the meeting. I had Patient Safety Committee right after P&t then a meeting after that. I headed home and left right after work for Chattanooga to meet Jillian Grace! It was a girls trip, just me and McKenna cause Pudge has just not been acting like himself. I ate a cheese tortilla while I packed. I must say I had not really prepared myself mentally to go to Chatt before being able to advance to meats. That is pertinent because I have some FAVORITE local restaurants in Chatt and we always hit at least 1 when we are home. Either Armando's, Ankar's, or Provino's. None of them were options for this trip since I cannot eat meat yet and that was just plain sad. Another issue was that just maybe I'm note quite ready to travel if I am doing all the driving. My already aggrivated hot-spot was really screaming by the time we left to come back home. Regardless of all that, Jillian is an angel and I'm so glad I got to meet her in person. We got home last night around 6:30 and I crashed on the couch until I transplanted to bed. The pain was a little better this morning.

Sunday didn't turn out quite the way I had planned either. McKenna has a terrible cough and when I went to get her dressed, yep, she has a fever too. Low-grade but fever none-the-less so no church for her. Cayce had gone to men's prayer breakfast so he came home to stay with her while Pudge and I went to church. I had already declared y'day that I wanted vegtables from Cracker Barrel for lunch so I dropped Pudge off at home and called our order in. Some habits are really hard to break so as soon as I got back in the truck with the food I reached for the corn muffin. All my lessons in small bites and chewing forever went out the window and I commenced to eating that corn muffin like I had a stomach instead of a pouch. Actually it went down fine and wouldn't have been a problem if that was all I intended to eat TODAY. When I got home I fixed myself a tiny plate of my vegtables which remember was the reason I had gone in the first place. I took maybe 3-4 bites and the reality of the volume of food I had eaten made itself known. Pain, spasms, reflux, DISCOMFORT. I sat looking at my green beans and carrots I so desperately wanted and could not even fathom a bite. I finally just had to leave E with the kids and go lay down. I'm feeling some better now but think I will put corn muffins in the same category with rice. As for this altercation, the corn-muffin won.

No comments:

Post a Comment