Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feeling the difference

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since surgery. I'm completely amazed at how the body heals. The last of my scabs fell off today and that pesky pain in my side was not as pronounced. That is awesome cause it has really been getting on my nerves. It did come back when I got in the floor with the TeamKids tonight but resolved pretty quickly once I got up. I bet I can bathe the kids again within the next month or so and I know Cayce will be so happy. I'm having trouble getting my protein shakes in now that I'm on soft foods but I'm really trying to eat a lot of dietary protein. I had a cheese omelet for breakfast and a carnation instant breakfast for lunch. If I can muster the strength maybe I will make me a shake before bed. I'm in that midweek slump and non-compliance with my synthroid does not help my plight.

Cayce said he could tell I was losing weight tonight. That is exciting b/c he sees me everyday. I'm really able to tell the difference in my clothes too. I'm at 22lbs loss. I really wish I would have measured myself so I could see how many inches I've lost but I didn't. I'm so embarrassed that I just kept cramming those 22 extra lbs into my clothes. They fit really well now without the bulges. I don't have any dress pants suitable for work in a size down so I will have to buy some when that time comes but that's ok. I did buy a new sweater tonight in the next smaller size. Seems like I always lose in my face and shoulders first.

Before closing tonight I should mention how I did with McKenna's bday celebration last night. I got pizza's and we had Edgars. I was almost able to eat a whole piece of pizza. A little while later I was able to eat the smallest of slivers of cake. I admit, I should have stopped before I did and suffered a bit afterwards but I'm learning. Love me where I'm at:)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to get to buy a smaller size sweater....and when you need some smaller clothes just come see me because I am not wearing mine right now!! You can borrow mine. You are doing great and I soooo love you where your at!!!

    ReplyDelete