Monday, February 1, 2010

My first post-op BUNKO

Seems like just yesterday we were having our Christmas BUNKO and realized that the next time we got together I would hopefully be post-op. Wow, time flies when you are on liquids:) We had our January BUNKO last night and it was awesome to see the girls. I hit the 20lb gone mark yesterday so that was a nice solid number to roll some dice on. We had pizza and I was able to do just fine with my small cheese pizza portion. No pain or discomfort until I laughed so hard I nearly cried but guess what...all that laughing and even some sneezing this weekend and no leaks. Sorry if that freaks male readers out but any mother still carrying some weight understands what I'm talking about.

A couple of other mile stones this weekend...I dropped my first clothing size. Yep, I went down one size in my panties! Woohoo. I'll let you know when I can go up a notch on my bra extender. That will be a day to celebrate for sure. On with celebrations, I was able to sit in that pesky rocker in the nursery at church without taking it with me when I got up to leave. I've had to really manipulate over the past few months to make sure I got in the one that didn't hurt. I didn't expect to be celebrating these things quite so soon but I ain't complaining either.

I had a really hard time on some rice today. I'm thinking that perhaps rice isn't as soft as we think it is. I nearly died in pain trying to eat it last Wed as my first, soft food and then again today. I think it's the texture which makes you kind of think you can swallow it without having to chew real well but let me proclaim, rice is NOT the same as cream of wheat or grits. I hope to never have the pain and discomfort I had today again.

Tomorrow is McKenna Poodle's bday. It's so hard to believe that 6 yrs ago I was soooo stinking pregnant AND WEIGHED 40lbs LESS. That is just so wrong in so many ways but if you recall, it was that first pregnancy that pulled me down from my WW pinnacle. That positive test was also the green light to sweet tea, cheese grits, and sausage balls. It started out innocently enough. I definately didn't want to expose my baby to artificial sweeteners, only the real thing was good enough for my baby. And the sausage balls, well that was purely for the protein. As she got bigger I thought she needed more protein so I ate a few more each day. And the grits, well they were just plain good. To this day I've not found grits as good as Tuscaloosa VA canteen can make. So, I bet you are asking how we will celebrate tomorrow. Edgars of course...but with some strategies. I'm not picking the cake up, Cayce is helping there so I can avoid that whole alcoholic in a bar feeling. I've also invited some folks to help eat the cake...less left-overs. Those strategies should get me through the night and we all know what a sweet tooth Cayce has. Between him, E (the diabetic), and Pudge, it will be gone by the time I get home Wed. Don't worry about E's blood sugar. She will drink diet coke with her cake and faithfully increases her insulin on such occasions as this:)

I'll let you know if my strategies work but for right now I'm going to reminisce about my sweet McKenna Poodle and how worth the weight she was and is.

2 comments:

  1. I so hate that I missed Bunko and didn't get to see the new you! That just means next month will be an even bigger shock! I'm telling you, the pristiq withdrawals were very real...I was glad to hear that you went through the same thing with Effexor. I do hope to go off of it one day...it will have to be very slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And tell McKenna happy birthday from me! I hope you get to enjoy a little piece of Edgar's...

    ReplyDelete