Friday, February 12, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies and the bariatric surgery patient

How did a bariatric surgery patient end up with girl scout cookies? Well, obviously I ordered them before I scheduled the surgery! How did I manage it? Not too badly at all if I do say so myself. I ate a couple on my way home and really enjoyed it but was full so I had no further temptation. When I got home I handed them over to the family and well, now they are but a distant memory.

I've really fallen behind on my blogging this week. It's obviously been a rough week. I seem to have pulled a muscle from lifting Pudge last week. He started gagging and the mom instinct took over. I jerked him up headed to the bathroom but was too late. He vomited on the carpet and I'm still paying the price. I went to the doctor Tuesday and he confirmed that it was not a hernia or worse, just musculoskelatal pain (did I spell that right?). Today has actually been ok pain wise. I didn't even take a tylenol and I've been taking them on a scheduled basis.

Yesterday was the 28 day mark and I hit 25lbs! I must be losing inches too cause my pants keep getting looser as each day passes. For once they are getting loose because I'm getting smaller rather than from me stretching them out and daring Cayce to wash them. That's a really nice feeling, I gotta tell you. I'm also on the 1 week mark till meat. Seriously, I never realized how much I would miss meat until I couldn't have it. I'm at about day 38 of no meat and not sure i will make it. I'm going to Zoe's Wed night and buying chicken salad so it will be here ready freddy on Thursday. My book says that chicken salad is the best tolerated early on. I would love a date to a Jap steak house for Vday but I'm swearing off rice for an undecided amount of time (maybe corn muffins too), and of course the meat thing.

Ok, enough rambling for now. Think I will look for me some dinner and try to get the rest of my water in for today. Thanks for all your support and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. 25#!! That's great! Great minds think alike on Zoe's chicken salad-I just bought some yesterday!! Call it a pregnancy craving perhaps. I also went in Edgar's to buy some tea for Ruben's VD gift & didn't buy ANY cake or cupcakes for me-that never happens! I am definitely pregnant b/c it was not all that appealling to me. Wish I could isolate & bottle the pregnancy hormone responsible for that! I'm down 9# so far. Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete