Friday, February 26, 2010

Not ready for chili yet

Bet you are wondering where in the world I have been! Well, I actually did blog about a week ago but Pudge hit a key and erased it all. I didn't have it in me to re-type it all and thus, a blogging drought. But no despair, I am back.

Yesterday was the 6 week post-op mark. I've lost 27 pounds. I'm pretty well back on all foods now just tiny portions. For instance....

---I ordered a club sandwich at Mcalisters and ate 1/4 of it.
---I ordered a veggie plate at Cracker Barrel and ate about 15 green beans, 3 carrots, 4 dumplings, and a few bites of mac n cheese. Oh, I did have part of a biscuit too but no corn muffin.
---We went back to McAlisters and I got a ham sandwich. I ate part of a half and Cayce enjoyed the rest.

It is definately a different life than I lead before. I will admit that I miss cokes. I guess since that is the only thing I truly cannot have, it's the only thing I miss. Just the visual of a can or bottle is hard. Especially when I eat certain foods, like pizza, popcorn, and mexican dishes. I guess it's kind of like a smoker that always smoked in certain situations. I like a coke with certain meals. Never-the-less I have resisted and been carbonation free for well over a month now.

I'm about to drop a pants size which is super exciting. I went ahead and put them in the laundry to get the dust off....not even kidding there. I want to go ahead and get in something a little tighter because i'm afraid I will get content with where I'm at if I keep wearing clothes that fit or are baggy. But oh how nice it is to wear clothes that fit.

For all the success, I do have some hurdles. It's very difficult to drink all those protein shakes, that I don't like anyway, when I am on real food. Kind of like children not wanting baby foods after they have tasted table food with real flavor. I'm doing way better on my water but am still not up to my full goal. Also struggling with vitamins. I could take them all day long if they were not chewable but I just don't like chewing 5 pills a day. The other area for improvement is exercise. I have managed to walk at UAB twice. It's very difficult to coordinate when I can go with when someone else can go and when my day starts falling apart (usually by 8:00 AM) it is hard to think about breaking away. I'm pretty sure we are going to rejoin the Y I'm just not sure when I would go then either. Life has been very busy recently but I didn't go through this or put my family through it to not get the full benefit. Maybe I will ask Cayce if I can go in the morning....after I sleep in a little of course.

I will try not to be a blogging stranger. Rest assured when I hit 30 lbs lost there will be a new blog and maybe even a picture! I really can't tell that much of a difference except that I don't pass out tying my shoes but most folks say I've lost a dramatic amount in my face.

Love to you all....Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment