Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And we're off.....

My CPAP letter was accepted by Dr. Schmitt's office and I am to report tomorrow at 5:30. I am the first case of the day so considering prep and the ~2 hour procedure I think I should be out of the OR by 9:00ish. I have started my prep right on time....yummy miralax + 32 ounces of Powerade. You know you are jealous!

I would be bold-faced lying if I said I wasn't scared cause I am. Throughout this prayerful decision one thought has hung over my head, that being that I am the sole bread-winner for our household and am about to undergo an elective surgery. Does that make sense? Well, I may never be 100% ok with that thought so I increased my life-insurance policy and off I go:) Just kidding but not a bad idea. I did my homeowrk. I've researched many programs, procedures, and doctors. I've weighed risks/benefits both short-term and long-term and keep coming up with the same conclusion, I've got to do something and everything else has failed. I am excited about a new lease on life starting tomorrow and know beyond all that God is sovereign and if it is my time I could be hit by a truck tomorrow.

Tonight will be busy...have my prep cocktail and still have to give myself a pedicure and complete all other tasks as though I were heading to the beach. I'm fat but still have some dignity afterall. Since we have to get up at 4:00 AM I probably won't be able to sleep much tonight but am armed with 4 VA Directives to lull me to sleep if need be. As soon as I get my crack-berry back tomorrow I will be posting and updating you all. Until then, Cayce will be with me with his cell. I'm going to ask him to call and update folks as well. Bet I will post some more later tonight as my anxiety mounts but will surely meditate on Phil 4:7 till I'm on solids 2 weeks from now!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear more and am so excited for you.....miralax and all:)

    ReplyDelete