Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I admit, I cheated

I just could not take it 7 more hours. I'm weak and I broke...I admit but have hardly a regret. When I got home tonight mom had made chicken yum-yum and rice. Full confession is that I had a table-spoon of rice and about 2 tsp of the yum-yum but no chicken. I am a little bloated and a smidge uncomfortable but overall, it was good to chew. I must say that I chewed the rice into at least a million tiny pieces.

Beyond that cheat I did do one thing good today. I've got to start incorporating exercise but don't have 100% stamina yet so I parked at the 4th AVE UAB deck. This was about a 4 block walk to work and back. I also walked up to the VA Annex building which is a block away so that was 2 more blocks. So, over the course of the day I walked 10 blocks which I think is a mile. I'm pretty proud of that. I'm going to start taking a lunch break and walk at lunch. A co-worker told me you can walk 2 miles all indoors at UAB so we are going to work our way up to that and when it gets nice we will walk outside. The hardest part will be making myself break for lunch. Strange how in Tusc I lived for lunch and now can't make myself take one. Probably has something to do with mounds of work but also being downtown does not leave a lot of options and it's hard to get anywhere, eat, and get back in a strict 30 min.

Tomorrow I will be official. I think I'm going to have some oatmeal in the morning and we are having breakfast for dinner tomorrow night. I will let you know how it goes...I sure can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment