Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finally food I can chew

Well today was the official big day. I made it past the midnight snack and then didn't even have solids for breakfast. Sweet Pudge woke up not feeling well and very, very needy this morning. I think it was probably gas but he was whimpering like a wounded puppy and wanted mommy so I spent my time snuggling him and had a protein shake for breakfast. I went to the canteen at lunch and got mashed potatoes and green beans. I ate about 1/4 of each and was as full as a little tick. I tolerated it pretty well, better than the rice last night and grits and eggs tonight. Advancing to solids feels like the liquids did right after surgery. It feels like they just get stuck and I need to burp. If this progresses like liquids did, it will get better everyday. Right???

Well, Pudge has taken his goldfish and intentionally crushed them into the living room carpet while his attentive mother was distracted by blogging and GI distress. I will have to cut this post short to clean it up before dad gets home:(

No comments:

Post a Comment