Thursday, January 21, 2010

Learning the hard way

I definately over-did it yesterday. I woke up this morning and felt like someone had beat me. It hurt to move and even not to move. I think I probably should not have picked up papers out my office floor...3 times. As a result, did not make it to work after having my staples removed. I'm really trying to listen to the signals my body is sending so I've been trying to stretch out and heal this afternoon. The staple removal was a non-issue!! Literally she had them out before I even realized it. I asked about chewing sugar free gum to which she answered a big, fat NOOOO. Guess it makes sense but it results in air getting in your pouch (that is what my stomach is now called, a pouch). It can make you feel very uncomfortable...hmm, kind of like you have been beat? Guess I will have to convert to tic-tacs for church or institute a "mint" ministry.

Cayce got me some bananas to spice up my protein shakes. Can't wait to try that out. I am also encouraged with the ease of putting on my jeans today, wow. I've been pouring myself into them for the past couple of months refusing to buy the next size up. No kidding, I have truly pulled a muscle on more than one occasion getting into these babies. I think I may have damaged the the zipper somehow from all the stretching cause it just felt weird today. It was really nice not to have lacerations in my belly from them cutting into me and yep...I wasn't too worried about covering my pones. I was, however, ashamed of my meth-using looking arms. The attempts for IV access one year ago are just not pretty now. Cayce asked if I thought people would think he had hit me...I assured him no. They are clearly track marks but considering my size, I bet folks are scratching their heads about what drug I've been using. Meth users are usually rail thin.

I don't have to go back to the surgeon for 3 months. They said the expected weight loss during the first 3 months is 50 lbs. That seems lofty to me. I'm not going to focus on the numbers other than the 60's....64 oz water per day, 64 grams of protein per day. That is vital because again, this surgery is only a tool. If I don't do my part, I can defeat this opportunity God has given me. I do not want that to happen and with HIS help, I it won't....HIS help and having Cayce move the Diet Dr. Pepper to the down-stairs fridge. Seeing them in the fridge bothered me a little bit today...as in, I would like to have one of those. I don't think it will be too big a deal once I can move to soft foods and then on to meat. Liz had spinach and chicken quesadillas the other night. I can't get them off my mind. I can't have chicken next week and don't think I can have the tortilla either so for now I am so excited about having some spinach and cheese next week...yummy. When I can advance the diet I will also be able to reduce the protein shakes a little b/c I will get protein from food. That will be great. To risk sounding like a broken record, I don't like these protein drinks.

Thanks for listening. My best friend is having her 3rd baby by c-section as I am typing so this has been a nice distraction...thanks. Jenn and I have been friends since we were 13. She knows me better than almost anyone and loves me unconditionally...thick or thin:) I can't wait to meet baby Jillian Grace. No doubt she will be beautiful and full of life like her momma. Brothers Joey and Jake are going to be pretty proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment