Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back to reality--back to work

Well, I survived! I really did not expect to make it through the whole day but I did, wahoo! And without lortab, wahoo again!! Today was my heavy meeting day, Peer Review Committee, Medical Records Committee, Residency Committee Meeting...lots of meeting. I should probably just be excited I stayed awake through all of them except the residency committee which was very enjoyable, truly. I had 4 ounces of protein shake for breakfast, a pineapple juice mid-morning, more protein at lunch, water throughout, an unsweet tea, and finally somemore of my protein drink this afternoon on the way home. For dinner...brace yourself, broth from chicken flavored ramen noodles. If I can lament, I will really be struggling to continue with these liquids another whole week. Prayers are sooooo needed to help me through this part. I'm already dreaming of some cream of wheat next Thursday morning for breakfast...may even have some cottage cheese. That will be my "soft diet" which I continue for 1-2 weeks (can't remember) and then I will be able to advance to a normal diet, just less of it. I was also pumped to realize today that I can get hot water in the physicians work room across the hall from my office. I've been making a hike to the ground floor to the canteen for to make my hot tea and if you have any experience with the elevators at the VA, you know that takes too long. So now I can just waltz across the hall and take care of business. That is VERY important cause hot tea has replaced my diet dr. pepper in the morning.

I must say that I've not really had hunger pains until yesterday and I was truly hungry but the last time 4oz filled me up was probably at about 2 days old. I know it could not have been any later cause E started me on cereal within that first week of life. Hmmm, could that have been an underlying cause to my adult obesity? Something else to discuss with the therapist, wait, this blog is my therapy so I guess you guys should chime in on your thoughts on that!

Well, I'm down 14 lbs and I could tell this morning in my pants that my pones have shrunk. I usually have to really watch that my shirt covers the pones but was not worried about it as much today. Oh the little details that overweight folks deal with. What will I do with all the extra time in my life when I don't have to worry about pulling my shirt down to cover my pones? Maybe I will balance my check-book.

I had hoped to make it to church tonight but that was a little optimistic. I have taken a dose of lortab (first of the day) and am going to snuggle up with my broth. Cayce is taking the kids and I am sooo greatful to my RMLBC family for covering TeamKid for me. You guys are the best.

Tomorrow I am getting my staples out and that is not 1 day too soon. They are itching and on my nerves. Hope it is not painful, really hope it is not painful. Anyone know if it is painful? I am so thankful that pain to this point has been minimal. Truly the pimple on my face that greeted me this morning was more painful than what I've had to deal with during this journey except immediately post-op. If you recall, I woke up in severe pain but the nurse was all over it letting me know that "yes, it's going to hurt".

2 comments:

  1. I think a mint ministry is just whats needed in this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't thank the RMLBC family about the Teamkid assignment - my heart is NOT in the right place - so pray about it!! HA!

    AND...what will you do with your spare time...No longer will you be pulling down your shirt, you will replace that with pulling up your pants! Just so ya know!!

    I'm so proud of you!! You say I hide things well...well, you are doing an excellent job - making this surgery thing look so easy! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete