Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Reports

Today was a good day in the bariatric surgery patient world! After suffering, and I do mean suffering, last night I needed some positives and got them. I had hoped for some weight loss but the scale didn't reveal any but my jeans sure did. Another clue was that when I sat in the chair in Christy's office, my thighs did not touch the sides of the chair. That was one of my short-term goals so I was really excited.

On the food front, I tolerated food a little better today. I had some apple sauce for breakfast and ate about 2/3 of the cup without any intolerance. I wanted a potato for lunch but they were out so I got chicken tortilla soup and ate around the chicken. It was tasty and good. Dinner tonight was soft tacos. I can't have meat yet so mine consisted of the tortilla, beans, cheese, and sour cream. I figured if anything was going to be distressing the beans would...but they weren't!! I have chewed more and eaten more slowly today and I think that made a big difference. I am also excited that by habit I pulled out 2 tortillas for tacos but then I came back to my senses, no way I can get 2 down. I didn't even get 1 down but am COMPLETELY satisfied. That is such an awesome feeling. One of my biggest frustrations pre-surgery was eating my mini-portion then trying to conquer the hunger pains +/- hypoglycemia. I love that that is gone now. I've not been hypoglycemic since the surgery, thank you God.

I walked 8 blocks today and tolerated it well. Don't think I will be walking tomorrow courtesy of the cold and rain but I've done more this week than in the past 6 months so I'm pleased with that. My next goal is to lose 1 more lb by Sunday. I just think 20lbs will be a nice round number to go to bunko on. Got to get my protein and water in tomorrow. Truthfully, just shaving my legs would prob get me that pound. Haven't been able to really bend over without distress since the surgery so we've got 2 weeks growth going on. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment